Beans, sweet corn, tomato: a summer trifecta. Together at last in this easy one-dish pasta that works, believe it or not, hot, warm, or just a bit chilled. That's right. You can whip this up for dinner right before eating or take advantage of the morning cool, do the cooking then, and serve this up as a delicious full-meal pasta salad at the end of the day. Just be sure to wait and add the cheese and herbs right before serving to give it a kick of freshness, no matter what temperature you choose!
Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutesIngredients:
- 3/4 lb. fusilli or shells
- 2 ears corn
- 2 medium tomatoes (or equivalent)
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 1 jalapeno chile (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup grated fresh pecorino, crumbled feta, or cheese of your choice
- Cilantro or basil for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender to the bite. Drain.
- Meanwhile, shuck corn and cut off kernels. Set aside.
- Core, seed, and chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Trim green beans and cut into 1- to 2-inch lengths and set aside.
- Finely chop chile, if using, and garlic. Note: If you like your chile less hot, remove the seeds.
- In the empty pasta pot (if it's not toobig) or a large frying pan or saute pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chile and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beans, 1/4 cup of water, and salt. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Add corn, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add pasta and tomatoes and stir to combine and heat everything. Serve hot, warm, or set it aside to cool and serve later - this dish also works as a pasta salad!
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with cilantro or basil just before serving.
Make 4 servings Bean, Corn Tomato Pasta.